Shungite is one of the most influential mineral healers. With a Mohs Scale of 4, it is a reasonably dense rock. Its real strength comes when tested by fire; Shungite’s ability to withstand fire and keep from melting has given it the classification of pyrobitumen. It’s a non-crystalline mineraloid consisting of more than 98 weight percent of carbon. It was first described from a deposit near Shunga village, in Karelia, Russia, from where it gets its name. Shungite has been reported to contain trace amounts of fullerenes. Its surface appearance ranges from semi-metallic to matte black. Inside, Shungite is a noncrystalline carbon mineraloid.
The energy embodied within this ancient stone is said to absorb and eliminate anything that is a health hazard to human life, and it has active metaphysical properties with strong healing powers. This is a fantastic stone and one that is beneficial to a healthy life. It is one of the only known natural material known to contain fullerenes, which are potent anti-oxidants. Fullerenes were brought to our attention when research on them gained the scientists a Nobel prize. This is because the fullerenes in this stone will cleanse water then infuse it with a strong healing vibration.
Some scientists hypothesize, because of Shungite’s high carbon levels, that it may have originated from biological processes that broke down microscopic organisms in ancient oceans.
Shungite stones can be divided into three types depending on the content of carbon in it. Type III natural Shungite contains 30-50 % of carbon. Stone’s containing a lower percentage of organic carbon, are termed Shungite rock instead of Shungite. Regular Shungite can be easily shaped and polished.
The three types of Shungite (Shungite Water ….):
- TYPE I (silver Shungite) aka Elite Noble Shungite:
- Type I occurs as a black, vitreous mineral with a semi-metallic, silvery shine. It contains 98 percent organic carbon. This is the most limited form since it amounts for only 1 percent of all Shungite that it is found. It can be easily identified because of its conchoidal fractures. Ocre colored inclusions are jarosite, a basic sulfate of iron formed from the oxidation of pyrite. (Carbon = 98%, Nitrogen, Oxygen = 0.9% , Hydrogen = 0.3% , Ash content up to 0.8
- TYPE II Shungite (Black Shungite)
- Type II occurs as a black mineral. This is the kind of shungite most often used to make objects because, unlike type I, it can be easily shaped and polished (giving it a brilliant shine). It contains 50 percent to 70 percent organic carbon (Carbon = 64% Nitrogen, Oxygen = 3.5%, Hydrogen = 6.7%, Ash content up to 3.3%)
- TYPE III Shungite (gray shungite)
- This occurs as a grey-colored mineral and contains 30 percent to 50 percent organic carbon. (Carbon = 30%, Silicon Dioxide = 56, Water = 4.2%, Aluminum Oxide = 4%, Iron Oxide = 2.5%, Potassium Peroxide = 1.5% , Magnesium Oxide = 1.2%, Sulfur = 1.2%, Calcium Oxide = 0.3%, Sodium Oxide = 0.2%, Titanium Dioxide = 0.2%).
Stone’s containing a lower percentage of organic carbon, are termed Shungite rock instead of Shungite.
This stone will cleanse water then infuse it with a strong healing vibration. Shungite can clean water from almost of all organic compounds (including pesticides), metals, bacteria, and harmful microorganisms and enriches drinking water in potassium. Water from Lake Onega in Russia is said to be used for drinking without any prior cleaning!
You may hear to make Shugute Elixirs; please make sure you are well educated on the topic before consuming, and TEST it first. Also, make sure you are buying it from a reputable and trusted source! One more significant advantage of Shungite stones is that they don’t have a date of consumption, you can use them unlimitedly. The only thing you need to do to maintain their metaphysical efficiency is cleaning and charging your stones regularly.
There are tests to do to make sure you are safely making Shugnite water; here is a blog post I found which was very helpful you may want to check out: Shungite Water. Or if you are like me, want to have the Shungite tool already created I posted a few suggestions further on into this article. Or you can watch this video: How to make clean water with the help of Elite Shungite
Or you can invest in something like a Gem Water Bottle. And you can swap out your crystals as you feel the need to. However, keep in mind to get the full physical healing benefits of the Shugnite water for purifying you would want to immerse the stones into the actual water.
Shungite is commonly known for its absorbing and protecting properties, it is a natural geomagnetic material with a strong screening effect neutralizing high and microwave frequency electromagnetic radiation. Along with its protective properties, it also has a positive impact on the whole organism; it will help to harmonize and balance your energy field, contributes to normalization of the nervous system, and allow a positive flow of energy to flow into your body.
Shungite is a powerful stone to shield you from the electromagnetic radiation given off by electrical equipment, including computers, mobile phones, microwaves, and televisions.
It also has an action that heals those who have developed a sensitivity to human-made electrical devices.
Here is a link to directly buy from The Republic of Karelia where the only one deposit of genuine Shungite is located.
Shungite has been used as a folk medical treatment since the early 18th century. Peter the Great set up Russia’s first spa in Karelia to make use of the water purifying properties of Shungite, which he had himself experienced. He also instigated its use in providing purified water for the Russian army. The anti-bacterial properties of Shungite have been confirmed by modern testing.
Shungite has been used since the middle of the 18th century as a pigment for paint, and is currently sold under the names “carbon black” or “Shungite Natural Black”. Wikipedia
In the 1970s, Shungite was exploited in the production of an insulating material, known as Shungisite.
Shungite is a stone of protection dealing with the lower part of our energetic body and repelling negative energy of any kind. On the ground of it, reiki masters consider Shungite as powerful root chakra healing stone. Root chakra or Muladhara is known as our “survival center.” Shungite is exceptionally beneficial in purification, grounding, healing, and protection.
It can be used for any of these purposes, alone or in combination, depending on your precise needs.
It can also amplify your general psychic power, which means that it can be used in conjunction with other stones or magical objects to strengthen them. It’s not necessarily a stone of increased harmony and love, but Shungite has a unique ability to “cut the BS” in interpersonal relationships and get right to the sources of any problems.
NOTE: Shungites ability to “clear the air” by absorbing negative energy doesn’t work if it’s not in the vicinity of that negative energy to absorb it!
Other ways to use Shungite:
- If you want to absorb the negative energy in a specific environment, such as a home or office, then the same rule applies – place a piece of Shungite in the room, preferably in the place where you feel most conscious of the negative energy.
- If you’re in a tense office, this might be near your door, where you can see all the coworkers that you have negative experiences with.
- If your house has lousy feng shui to it, then place a piece somewhere where the energy feels particularly bad – you know, those places in the home where you feel tired and grumpy when you stand there for no apparent reason!
- DISCLAIMER: While, as stated above, it should never be used as a replacement for professional medical care, it can be beneficial in improving your general wellness.
Do you use Shungite currently? How do you use it? -post int he comments below, and share the knowledge.
If you liked this article you may want to check out these:
DISCLAIMER: While, as stated above, it should never be used as a replacement for professional medical care, it can be beneficial in improving your general wellness.