To learn to write with crystals check out: Writing Using Crystals
Journaling generally involves the practice of keeping a journal that explores thoughts and feelings surrounding the chapters of your life. Journaling is also an excellent method to manage stress and connecting with your true self. It is key to have a true relationship with self to know balance. Appreciating yourself helps you appreciate your life. When you hold yourself in high esteem and know you are fulfilling your purpose in life, you tend to have more enjoyment and a more positive attitude toward the future. I also learned from this practice it puts you in a happier state of mind.
Keeping a journal can help you fully explore your emotions, release tension, and fully integrate your experiences into your mind
Here are a few exercises to explore next time you journal:
Speak Your Truth Exercise
The best way to speak and share your truth with others is to practice with yourself first. Give yourself 20-30 minutes, grab a pen, a piece of paper, and the first crystal you are drawn to. The best time to do this exercise is in the morning. Hold a chosen crystal or stone of choice in one hand and empty the mind, then start to write the first words that come to your head, do not stop and think about the words….just write.
Don’t think, don’t critique—just write, tap into your stream of consciousness.
Write all the thoughts out, now tear the paper up. Don’t save it – this is not a journal exercise. This is a realizing practice, being honest, and getting your thoughts out without hesitating or holding back. The crystal will help you tap into the vibration you are needing to steady.
This exercise will help to clear the mind of things you just needed to put out there. It can help to cleanse you so that you can approach the rest of the day from a more elevated, clear and calm state of expression, this practice will help to open you up to be able to speak your truth.
Letter From Future Self
Write a letter to yourself in the present time from your future self, as though possessing the intentions you are putting out now are come true in the future. The key to manifesting is: see it, feel it, and own it as though it has already happened. You can offer advice, compassion, explanation, forgiveness, or praise. Or you can merely recount an experience you had and how it impacted you like your adult self now. Try to see this in the future as though you are looking back at your younger self as a real and separate person when you write the letter.
Again, try not to overthink this exercise. Spend a few minutes deciding the core message of the letter, and then start writing without filters.
Ask yourself three questions to stimulate creative thought, write these questions yourself. You want to answer the questions as quickly as you can, time does not exist for the higher self, as soon as you start to put thought into the process you lose connection. And do not worry, it does take practice to do this, so practice daily and it will get easier. Write the first thing that comes to mind, even it is whatever ideas pop into your mind. Write as much or as little as you wish, but allow the words to flow without pondering too much.
Journalling Using Crystals
When choosing a crystal to journal with, your intuition will lead you in the right direction. Trust your higher self, you will be drawn toward crystals that will help you manifest what you truly need. We’re drawn toward crystals that contain the energy we’re subconsciously putting out there. If you want to raise the vibration of particular energy research or ask your guides to find the crystal you need to raise that vibration. Crystals can help you stay connected to your intentions. To learn more about the topic of writing with crystals check out our post: Writing Using Crystals.
Below are the crystals I put together that I often work with when I journal, they are great for journaling with:
- Blue Kyanite is especially useful for working with the Throat Chakra and communication issues. Blue Kyanite helps to speak one’s truth with clarity, making it an excellent stone for sharing ones wisdom effectively – whether spoken or written. In the case of writing, Blue Kyanite is particularly suitable for getting the point across. Bluestones are linked with the blue Throat Chakra, which governs communication in all forms.
- Lapis Lazuli aids in stimulating wisdom and good judgment in the practical world. Lapis Lazuli aids intellectual analysis, problem-solving and creates new ideas. It is excellent for enhancing memory. A stone of truth, Lapis Lazuli encourages honesty of the spirit, and in the spoken and written word. Wear it for all forms of deep communication. If you are looking for new ideas for your writing, this is the stone for you. Some writing blocks are more robust to crack than others, with Lapis Lazuli there is no writing challenge you cannot overcome.
- Jaspers are the nurturers, the healers and the spirit stones of courage and wisdom. They all carry a strong connection to the Earth’s energy, making the jasper healing properties very beneficial for grounding, stability, and strength. It is one of those stones that comes in a variety of colors and types. Different types of jasper stones have different properties, but in general, it is a stone that calms nerves. Great for the emotional writer, it can help focus feelings, so your writing is balanced between coherent and passionate.
- Amethyst is excellent for both opening and clearing the mind. In creativity and writing, it helps invite inspiration. Amethyst is a highly intuitive stone. This essentially means that it can help you learn how to trust your gut. Put it this way, have you ever written a page only to erase it, rewrite it, delete it again and then decide the first prose you wrote was the best? -Amethyst helps you trust yourself.
- Clear Quartz can be useful for writers (especially if the writer needs to cleanse the space and/or clear the mind). Never underestimate the power of Clear Quartz! This crystal will bring you mental clarity, greater focus and help you retain information. Try a Quartz Crystal Sphere on your desk area. I also highly recommend a small raw or polished Clear Quartz Crystal Point for study purposes. You can wear it around your neck or carry it with you in your pocket.
Tip: Keep the same Quartz Crystal Point with you as you study. Then have it with you when you take exams or need to access the information.
- Carnelian is a stabilizing crystal, perfect for anchoring in the present. Get riled up with Carnelian, one of the best crystals for confidence, to elevate your creativity and make your message more memorable. Carnelian clarifies the voice, and it is an excellent stone for speakers, singers, writers, and teachers. Carnelian also helps release stress and trauma, so it is good for the writer’s block. Not only does is give you an immense boost of creative energy but it’s also soothing, so you won’t get anxiety while looking at your low word count.
- Carnelian can be a powerful imagination and creativity booster, which is great for breaking a creative block. In writing, it can help with your original decision making by inspiring perception and confidence. Writers are blessed and cursed with an overactive mind, and this can be overwhelming and undermine the writing process. Carnelian charges other crystals.