Writing is a different process for everyone, and the method may vary for the task at hand. There are many ways, but for myself, I like to go within and use crystals. No matter the combination of writing skills you have or apply, every writer will suffer from writer’s block, at least once. Crystals can be great tools for a writer. While all crystals offer something different, some stones, in particular, get a job done better than the rest, when it comes to writing. When writing, meditate with them in your hand before or even keep them in your writing space or wear them as jewelry. You can also use cocktail them to work together for a particular purpose or on their own.
There are two methods of writing I use when working with my crystals, automatic, and free writing. Automatic writing is the ability to allow written words without consciously writing to flow out. The words purportedly arise from a subconscious (higher-self). Automatic writing is not the same thing as free writing. Freewriting is a prewriting technique in which you write continuously for a period of time without regard to spelling, grammar, or topic. It produces raw, often unusable material, but helps writers overcome blocks of apathy and self-criticism.
When choosing a crystal to work with, your intuition will lead you in the right direction. Trust your higher self, you will be drawn toward crystals that will help you manifest what you truly need. We’re drawn toward crystals that contain the energy we’re subconsciously putting out there. If you want to raise the vibration of particular energy research or ask your guides to find the crystal you need to raise that vibration. Crystals can help you stay connected to your intentions.
A favorite stone to work with when writing or creating is always clear quartz, it aids clarity of thought and amplification.
If you are aware of your Chakra’s, crystals that work with this chakra can also boost your creativity and confidence associated with that of which the chakra represents. Blue or throat chakra stones will help to balance that energy field stimulating the throat chakra (communication). When intune we can express what we think and what we feel.
How do you practice writing using crystals?
Stay conscious of the energy you are bringing in, remain positive, and positivity will come to you. It is nice to place crystals in the area where you are writing and to meditate with them to connect with your intentions.
- Step 1: Connect with your crystal(s).
- Each crystal is associated with a specific meaning, vibration, and intention. When choosing a crystal to work with, your intuition will lead you in the right direction.
- Step 2: Cleanse and clear.
- Cleanse the crystal, of any negative energy. To Ground yourself, and clear your mind. Allow yourself to feel relaxed, calm and peaceful.
- Step 3: Set intention.
- Still your mind and begin to focus on the crystal(s) and the intention you have chosen for it. Describe your intention aloud or in your mind, and repeat these words until you feel the vibration has a connection with you and your crystal. You will know intuitively when your intention is set.
- Step 4: Write
- Sit down with your journal or on your computer, set the crystals in front of you. Let go, be open to it happening and relax your mind, let go of all thought. If you are stuck, start by asking questions, and just start writing. Write down whatever comes into your mind, no matter how nonsensical or disjointed. Do not think or focus on spelling or grammar…just write.
I like to type, so to help my OCD, while writing I invested in Grammarly. It is my favorite tool for writing and business. Grammarly is an online grammar checking, spell checking, and plagiarism detection platform – worth the investment.
Tip: Make a point of writing or typing in your journal daily, this is the way that many people get started. If you do this at the same time every day, it will get easier as you create a routine for it. Morning for many people seems to be the best time, after a morning workout. I myself practice SAVERS, created by Hal Elrod, along with the 5Second Rule by Mel Robins. I tell you it was a day to day game changer for me.
This is my daily meditation, you may want to try:
To help develop automatic or free writing, doing meditation on a regular daily basis if very useful. Meditation helps you to work on connecting with your higher self, as it works by changing and raising your brain waves. As your brain slows from your typical day to day beta wave to the slower alpha wave, you will find that the flow of information from the higher self or Universe will increase. For me this is how I practice my mediation before writing, I first pick crystals you feel will help obtain the specific energy or memory I am trying to access if you do not want to use crystals or have anyone hand, write down on a piece of paper a few keywords to help you stay connected and tapped into that topic or energy.
Now start by grounding yourself, set both feet on the ground firmly, I like to listen to softer spa-like music in the background, my favorite album is to listen to while I tap in is Macaroni Union: Weightless. Listening to the one song — “Weightless” — resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants’ overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates. I think about a few favourite memories, like the first time I held my kids, my husband, and I’s the first date. It helps me get into a state of love and happiness. Mental note: any outside influences I like to remind myself will still be there in 5 mins, 10 mins, even an hour. It is ok to step away and “be”, it is good for the soul.
Next, I focus on grounding my feet into the ground, by imaging roots coming from the bottom of my feet and earthing into the ground, and I imagine myself as I work its way up from my feet, to my ankles, to my knees and so on, all the way up to my crown. Focus on breathing. Once the mind is quiet I will hold my stones, or watch the words I wrote down and just start free writing.
Enjoy the process, and my mindful it only gets better and easier with practice.
I put together a few crystal cocktails to help with specific writing practices along with directions and exercises to help with the following writing categories:
For those trying to expand their conscious awareness and manifestation practices, follow below:
- The Conscious Mind – is all your awoken thoughts, memories, emotions of which we are aware of at any given and awoken time. This is the mental processing that allows us to think and talk about rationally and consists of everything inside of our awareness.
- The Sub-Conscious Mind – is the somatic memory, cognitive thinking, the reservoir of feelings, thoughts, longings, and memories that are outside of our awoken awareness (consciousness).
- Pre-Consicounsess – is the bridge between the conscious mind and the subconscious mind, anything that could be brought into the conscious mind awareness.
And, yes, Sub-Conscious Mind can be controlled but not by conscious decisions nor will power. The Sub-Conscious Mind can be controlled through understanding and proper communication. You can rewire your subconscious mind, with practice and awareness, for me, I needed to get to know myself and have a relationship with myself first before truly tapping into my true values, desires, and personal successes. And quieting the mind, the following exercises I used to help me tap into each of these along with the crystals I use: