The number 108 is considered a sacred number in Hinduism, Buddhism and yogic tradition. There are 108 marmas; (precipitating drops of nectar), or points of prana found within the subtle, …
1 in stock
The number 108 is considered a sacred number in Hinduism, Buddhism and yogic tradition. There are 108 marmas; (precipitating drops of nectar), or points of prana found within the subtle, or pranic body – the 108 points of light. For some more intricate accounts of 108, the number one represents the unity of existence, zero stands for the truth of emptiness and eight as the infinity of the universe.
Malas (or Japa beads) come on a string of 108 and are used for mantra, holy meditation, and prayer. Each bead, a mantra (intention) or prayer, is repeated to come to a total of 108. The largest bead or tassel on the mala is called a Meru bead and isn’t apart of the 108 beads. This is the guiding bead and marks the beginning and end of the mala/chant/prayer/mantra.
Using a mala is simple, easy, and very enjoyable.
1) Consider and clarify the intention of your practice and choose your mantra or affirmation, do what you are called to do for you.
2) Find a comfortable space for you and sit quietly in a cross-legged position, or for me, I like to go for a walk on my own.
3) Shut your eyes and observe the speed and your natural deep breaths or put yourself into a mental space to connect with the higher self (if you are walking).
4) Breathe deep and bring your focus and attention to your mantra or affirmation, be aware of the breaths you take.
5) Hold your mala in your right hand, drape between your middle and index fingers. Hold the first mala bead gently between your middle or ring finger of your right hand.
6) Place your thumb on the guru bead and start reciting your mantra (intention). Repeat your mantra (either out loud or in your head) once on each bead, then push the mala bead away with your thumb and move over to the next bead. At the guru bead, pause, and take that as an opportunity to honour your guru or yourself for taking the time to meditate/connect.
7) Continue until you reach a count on 108 or 7, 21, 27, or if you have Tesla version 3, 6, 9*. Do what feels right for you.
8) Do another round if you feel called to do so, and remember, do not skip over the guru bead. To repeat, turn the mala around and reverse the direction.
The Significance of Various Gemstones, every gemstone is said to have different properties, energies, and meaning. Over the centuries, minerals, crystals and gemstones have been used by our ancestors and various civilizations in spiritual rituals and for their energetic healing properties. Each is believed to carry its own individual quality or “personality.” The different traditions attribute different traits to them. This Mala has:
– White Howlite (anxiety + white light + wisdom)
White Howlite is good for reflecting purity and assists in communication. Represents the while light of the spirit. White Howlite opens and prepares the mind to receive the energies and wisdom of attunements. White Howlite is a good for when one is needing to reduce anxiety, tensions and stress.
– Brass Plated Lava Stone (dissipate anger + grounding + nature)
Lava Stone is a grounding stone that strengthens one’s connection to Mother Earth. It gives us strength and courage, allowing us stability through times of change. It provides guidance and understanding in situations where we may need to “bounce back” — a calming stone; useful in dissipating anger.
– Pink Cat’s Eye acts to stimulate intuition and to enhance awareness. It is a grounding stone that provides a very effective protective energy. Cat’s Eye dispels unwanted energy from the aura. It amplifies good luck and fortune. Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye transforms negative thoughts into positive energy. Cat’s Eye encourages clairvoyance and encourages us to develop the gift of clairvoyance and of far-seeing, either far in time, or far in distance. Cat’s Eye is also believed to turn negative thoughts into positive energy.
– Larger Bead (Meru bead): Rose Quartz (love + harmony + mothering)
Rose Quartz is calming, reassuring, and gives one an appreciation and love of self; it encourages one to mother thy self. It will strengthen empathy, open the door to sensitivity, and restores trust. Rose quartz shows you the power of your emotions and the ability of Love to “Conquer All.”
What are the benefits of using a mala?
– Use a Mala to help you become focused by taming your monkey-mind and enhancing your self-awareness.
– It can help your pranayama practice by slowing down respiration, which in turn can lead to overall health and wellbeing.
– It can be healing depending on what material the beads are made out of and your own unique relationship with it. The mind is a powerful thing.
– Can potentially cleanse the “108 marma points” in your body.
– It can replace negative thought patterns with positive ones. It helps to re-train or re-program the subconscious mind.
– It can help you stick to your sense of purpose in life by teaching you to stay disciplined, humble and adherent to practice.
*Tesla programmed Mala with the 3-6-9 sequence.
Tesla said 3-6-9 are the key to the universe; the number sequence of 3-6-9 represents the pathways that force (energy/information) to manifest thought to form materials.